David Devasarayan is the Assistant Manager at Pacific Club. He joined the hotel in 1988, and has spent 20 years at Pan Pacific Singapore. David started as a room attendant and became team leader, supervisor and in 1998, joined Pacific Club as a butler. He was also awarded the Excellent Service Award in 2005 and 2007.


1. What’s your job like at Pan Pacific?
I oversee the operations of the Pacific Club and manage a team of 11 associates. My job essentially revolves around the guests at the Pacific Club and ensuring that their requirements and needs are met while exceeding their expectations to provide a comfortable and memorable stay.
2. What do you enjoy most about your job?
I enjoy interacting with people and my job gives me ample opportunity to engage in conversation with them, especially during the evening cocktail hours when guests are more relaxed. Through interaction with guests, I find out more about their preferences, their plans for the day and seek to find creative ways to proactively assist them




3. Did you require any special education or training to work in your current job?
Pan Pacific Singapore has provided many educational opportunities through on-the-job training and education programmes. I was happy to be selected to attend the professional butler course which reinforces my job competency.

4. What are some of your highlights working at Pan Pacific?
My workplace is my home and although I am Malaysian, the associates at Pan Pacific Singapore have made me feel welcomed and appreciated.

5. What personal goals do you wish to achieve with Pan Pacific for the future?
I hope to continue demonstrating the concept of Personalised Care with new associates thereby cultivating a genuine care service philosophy with our guests. I derive job satisfaction through developing lasting warm relationships with our regular guests during the course of my work.

0 comments: