Gloria, what made you decide to make the mid-career switch from an Accountant to a Financial Consultant?

After having my second child, it was quite a challenge to juggle between my full time job as an Accountant and looking after my two children, as it takes an enormous amount of energy.
Therefore, in 2004, I decided to make the career switch to be a Financial Consultant. This job gives me immense job satisfaction in helping families from all walks of life to achieve their financial goals and adequately prepare them for any life adversities.

The best thing about being a Financial Consultant at NTUC Income is that it offers me the flexibility of time to organise my own working hours, and yet not compromise on my income at all. Furthermore, being able to spend quality time with my family while also having a professional career gives me a great sense of satisfaction and achievement.

Why is financial planning so important?
When you think about it, we have to make many important financial decisions at different phases of our life, and this is where financial planning can help us to achieve our goals and objectives such as -


How has being an Accountant helped you to be a Financial Consultant?
As a trained Accountant, I understand the power of compounding and the importance of having sufficient insurance cover to alleviate the financial impact of adversities in life. This, in turn, has helped me to recommend my clients the most appropriate NTUC Income insurance products and services to meet their needs.

0 comments: